Typical use cases
- Developing landing pages or prototypes (
npm run dev).
- Exporting carefully compiled and formated files for collaboration (
npm run export).
- Building the final (production) bundle, ready for deployment (
npm run deploy).
When you want to build whole web sites from the data sources as API or many markdown files, go with Static Page Generators (SGC). For example Gridsome (VueJS), Gatsby (React) or Hugo (Go) will work for you much better.
- SEO-friendly — Open Graph and Twiter Cards markup, self/canonical.
- User-friendly — image optimizations, favicons, webmanifest and all sources minification to smallest bundle.
- Developer-friendly — ESLint, Prettier, Remark, Stylelint via tasks or with Husky and Lint staged.
- Separate tasks for Development, Export and Build with automatic renaming and hashing all critical assets.
- Ready for implementation Git based CMS as Forestry.io or Netlify CMS etc. — Front Matter (Markdown files metadata and content).
- Deploy to FTP (
npm run deploy-ftp) or Netlify etc.
- Validating output HTML (
npm run build:validate:html or
npm run export:validate:html).
- Listing all TODO’s (
npm run todo:show).